Tuesday, August 2, 2016

around here.

Only iPhone pictures this week because I could not take my eyes off of Isla. She is into everything and trying to full on crawl. I never knew how dirty my floor was until I had a child using her stomach and clothes as a swiffer.



babies and snapchat.. hilarious.


my parents brought back matching sweaters from Ireland for us!


But before we go on, The Bachelor was such a yawn. Jo Jo, spare us your "I don't know, I don't know." Everyone knows that you were picking Jordan, even Robbie knew that (deep deep down in his former competitive swimmer heart...get a job). Two things: 1) How awkward was the narration of the letters while Jordan is staring at the ring. I am sure he was thinking how long they have to be together to keep the ring and split the money when they pawn it.  America could have gone without hearing those letters. 2) WHY DIDN'T SHE STOP ROBBIE?! He is halfway through proposing before she stops him. Jo Jo you have no heart. anyways...

I will be giving a full 7 month update on Isla on Thursday but this week, whew, she wore me out. She is EVERYWHERE. She is obsessed with Nimitz's dog bed because it's really soft (I think) so when my mom was here, we got Isla a dog bed. I know, it sounds bad but she LOVES it and I like to think of it as a cheaper (ahem, redneck) version of DockaTot.

Speaking of moms... Parents coming to visit are the best! We got pedicures, saw Bad Moms, drank lots of wine, finally got my eyebrows waxed,  stole her car to run errands, and I didn't have to change a single diaper. I never understood why parents wanted to run errands alone, but at Home Depot on Sunday, I saw the light. It was SO nice to not worry about how long we were taking. Isla thinks my mom is hilarious so we were treated to lots of belly laughs.

On the home front we are making progress. We FINALLY got our AC fixed after a month and a half of it running at 80 degrees in the afternoon, bought patio furniture, and we have two working garage doors. We also found another snake on our patio, which luckily happened when I wasn't home because no thanks.

Here are my two favorite recipes from the week: Pork Tacos and Cauliflower Caprese casserole. I have never heard a grown man complain so much about veggies on that last one, so maybe have some chicken with it or you know, ignore them, it worked for me. I also put down two packages of oreos, 3 croissants, and a pound of gummy bears. It's all about balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!