Tuesday, July 26, 2016

around here.

Sorry this is late this morning! I was planning on finishing this post during The Bachelor (because lets be real, two hours is a loooong time) but I totally got sucked in. Do y'all watch it? I have concluded that JoJo is destined for singledom, she cannot possibly think that Robbie AND Jordan were better than Luke and Chase. She said it the first episode, she is TERRIBLE at picking guys. JoJo, you need to have a heart to heart with Chris Harrison and make better choices. That being said, Chase had me rolling last night when he was leaving, the fantasy suite van and the pants down comment was reality TV gold. Chase, I hope you are the next bachelor. For a hilarious recap of last night, I will direct you to this guy. OH and Well's drunken snapping of last week.

new highchair (finally, this was my third one)

music class! 

that sheet is for nimitz but somehow he moves it before he crawls on.


ANYWAYS, around here. We have successfully been home for 3 weeks! Isla and I had not spent more than a week and a half at home since the end of May. On Friday, we went to a concert downtown which was actually really fun. Gainesville is really great in terms of location to going places but not so great just to be here. I have been trying to step outside my comfort zone and go to events that the city has put on. Isla and I have been going to music classes put on by the library, she's still more interested in the people and putting very dirty musical instruments in her mouth than anything. I suggested to Craig that he come and he says he's not ready to mingle with other parents in that capacity yet (insert eye roll emoji). 

Speaking of music, I CANNOT get into children's music. It drives me up the wall so we have been listening a combination of Disney music, 90s throwbacks, and Megan Trainor. Yes, Megan Trainor. Her eyes lit up and she starts wiggling as soon as NO comes on. She also loves Taylor Swift but in light of recent events Isla has decided that "she would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that she never asked to be a part of" (THANKS MOM). But for real, Taylor, you can't keep up the good girl act forever, you are 26, shake it off. (for the record, I am still team Taylor over Kayne and Kim but good for you Calvin Harris, good for you) Can't wait to hear all about it in the next record!

Okay, getting real off track here. Isla had her first baking project! She and I made banana bread on Saturday. I stuck bananas in a ziploc so she could mash them with her hands (and mouth) and let her mix it in with the flour. She really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed that I was smart enough to do it before I mopped the floor. I also made this overnight french toast for Sunday's breakfast; it was really easy and good.

In an effort to wrap up this rambling... Here are some things from around the web that I have enjoyed while breastfeeding. 

Motherhood in Jordan. Wow! I don't know if I could live in such a different culture AND so close to the Syrian border. My family lived in Saudi Arabia when we were babies and our parents have told us stories but we were at least on a military compound with other Americans.

Not to get political on you but the Washington Post has been killing it with election articles. I found this one on Trump and this one on Hillary to be beneficial reads.

Reading about the new jcrew bags has me wanting one so bad. They hold so much stuff!

A Southern Girls List of Closet Essentials. In an effort to buy more wisely I have been trying to focus on more staples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!