Monday, May 9, 2011

graduation.

Today I will walk through the gates as an Auburn Student and walk out an adult. How did this happen? I feel like it was yesterday that I was bawling my eyes out begging my parents not to leave me in Alabama. Now I'm thinking that I should have taken that victory lap. How do you even begin to sum up what most people call the most four influential years of your entire life. Well, I have been thinking about this and I think that it calls for a list.

Lets play a game. You would say the word college and I would say.....

Change (lots and lots of change)
12 pairs of running shoes
A couple thousand miles ran
2 new people I would call best friends
1 all nighter (yes, I said it....only one)
3 different places to call home 
a couple hundred bucks lost at the bar
2 years of track 
3 years of sorority
Tons of football games
8 new navy blue dresses added to the wardrobe  for game day
1 love of my life

132 hours of class taken
One new car (Miracle Mazda) 
2 car accidents 
A couple dozen donuts consumed
1 very tight relationship with a tree (feel better Toomer's tree!) 
Hundreds of dollars invested in Mellow Mushroom
1 SEC championship
1 National Championship
Close friends to last a lifetime

Lastly, a reason to visit the small southern town of Auburn, Alabama for years to come. Craig and I discussed whether our future (very far in the future.....light years in fact) children would be wearing orange and blue around campus one day. Craig's response...... "oh God they got you too." Yup, Auburn has my heart.


WAR EAGLE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!