Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reception

 
The Soundside

      

I guess its about time to introduce our reception site. We are having a large wedding, large actually doesn't cover it. Its HUMONGOUS. Apparently way bigger than the average wedding because no one wanted us. They also didn't want our budget or the possibility of the military forcing us to cancel our wedding. 

Enter Military Officer's Clubs, which I never even had it in my mind to have it there. I'll admit in some places they are really crappy. I do believe I am talking about the one in Rhine Mein  AFB Germany. But a note to all you military brats, some of them are great! Like the one on Randolph AFB, the one on the navy base in Newport, RI, and the one we are having ours at. 

Hulburt Officers Club, while it is run by a witch named Phyllis who has no desire to make your wedding day your perfect day, there are many perks to it. 
1) It is cheap (like close to $6,000 cheaper) than most places
2) It happens to be brand new
3) it has a view of the Sound and beautiful white Sand Dunes
4) My dock that will be covered in candles
5) a tiny little walking bridge 
6) the water is shallow enough that if you have a little too much fun (if you know what I mean....) you will not drown. This happened to be a big topic of conversation between us  the day we looked at it



New Soundside Club the “gem of the Emerald Coast”
Where pre-gaming for the reception will take place



This was before the remodel. See my point about crappiness?
P.S. there is also an Air Force Inn attached to the hotel. So if you think you are going to have too much fun (if you know what I mean) we'll book you a room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!