Friday, March 11, 2016

two months.


Well, actually 2 months and 2 weeks. We are surviving and thriving. This month was definitely different than the first but in so many good ways. Isla is growing so fast! It is crazy to think that we brought a baby home that was 4 pounds and 3 and half inches smaller just 60 days ago. She is such a happy little thing, we started to see big smiles and rolling over (I don't want to talk about it, she's going to be running by the time she is one). My favorite thing is the way she lights up at animal noises and looks around to find us to give us a smile. She also has started to sit like a koala bear on you and it becoming her favorite thing to do during the day. She just props up on your shoulder for awhile to be nosy then snuggles down in your chest.






Our first family photos from when she was 2 weeks old. Taken by the talented,Lauren Kinsey

Isla went on two roadtrips! She met my best friends from high school. She impressed them by having a major blow out about 5 minutes after we walked in the door. It made me feel better that we could go on a weekend trip and still have a lot of fun even with a baby in tow. It wasn't perfect and I definitely needed some extra sleep come Monday but nothing is better than watching your friends hold your little one. The other big one we did was a roadtrip alone to my parent's house. I was really nervous to drive the 4 hours alone but she was perfect!


I have decided that running has prepared me for motherhood which surprised me a lot. Running is mentally and physically exhausting and some days so is being a mom. When I ran competitively, I had to make a decision, I could let the run get the best of me (when you are only halfway through your second run of the day, it was SO easy to do) or I could find it within me to finish it with a good attitude (and with a lot of support from teammates) doing the best I can. However, some days you had to listen to your body and grab that box of cookies (or 6 in my case...whoops) and hang out on the couch.  After a bad race, I would beat myself up about it until I realized it wasn't the last race I would ever have and there would be another day to prove myself. The same way with being a mom, I just have to remind myself to take a deep breath and learn from the day. Also, I remember when I had a great day running I wanted to share it with everyone. It's the same way with Isla, I call my mom up to tell her all we accomplished  Also, just like running, I find myself having to use the bathroom but there is no time ha!

1 comment:

  1. These photos and posts make me want to cry... and have another baby! Ha! I wish we lived closer to each other. Also, laughed outloud at your post below this one multiple times. So so good. Love your blog (and hello you guys), Madeleine, keep posting when you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!