Sunday, July 19, 2015

healthy(ish) eating

I have 15,000 pins on Pinterest but only have a few boards I actually use on a regular basis. My food boards! I get majority of my recipes from pinterest because I can source a variety of healthy food. I pin a TON of guilty pleasures but usually save those dinners for things we really love to eat.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes and blogs for food

Skinny Taste: Actually a family favorite. My older brother makes a lot of meals from here also. The shrimp recipe is my favorite for a weekday meal since I don't have to think about unthawing anything before work. (we buy most of our seafood/meat in bulk) 

Roasted Cauliflower: Sides is a big thing for me. We usually eat some variation of chicken/pork but I try to change up the sides so it's not too boring. this side, baked okra, and quinoa are my favorites

Quinoa Asian Meatballs: Damn Delicious is another favorite food blogger! I just made these last week and they are SO good! We paired in with stir fry veggies from Trader Joes but they would be so good with rice or noodles. 

Peanut Butter banana froyo: I am trying to reign in my sugar in take (with not much luck) but this is a slightly healthier after dinner treat. 

Chocolate chip muffins: We used to make a ton of pillsbury cinnamon rolls for breakfast but I have been trying to find healthier options. These are super easy to make and are healthy

Kale and Collard Green salad: This is my lunch all the time. You can make a big batch of it and it actually tastes better throughout the week. Major win, there is nothing worse than soggy salad

you can find all my pins here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!