Monday, May 11, 2015

the mantle and my online shopping confession

*** I started writing this about a week ago and made a pit stop into Apple Support the same day to get my computer checked....Well, turns out I had fried my hard drive AND my battery. Poor thing has been in the tech hospital for awhile!***

Perhaps the one thing I was excited about for this house was that we had a mantle! For some reason, I have always wanted a mantle to design. I also thought that it would be the first thing I would have done in the house. Joke's on me, it is currently housing odds and ends with thoughts everyday of ordering.

Here is my confession: I love looking at beautiful things online. I spend a sick amount of time doing so. But.... I have a hard time buying anything! I know I can't find the items anywhere else, thus making them unique AND necessary to buy. My goal for today is to maybe, possibly, make  purchases to complete the mantle.

Here are some mantles I love:
design sponge
                    Love the pops of pink and the blue and white pottery

 elle decor south africa
                          love the bright art framed in white and quirky objects

lonny magazine
Love the varying heights on the mantle and the classic touches that don't look overdone



domino magazine
Art that surrounds the mantle display. We have quite a bit of space on either side, I am just afraid of what the husband might say if I want to hang more art right this moment (the gallery wall almost did him in)


Well, I hope to accomplish my goal! I'll let you know what I come up with! I also need to regain use of my arms after my tough workout this morning ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!