Monday, December 17, 2012

moments

via

I still am deeply shaken and heartbroken by the events that unfolded Friday. As a teacher, I could not
imagine what it would have been like to see children you love in danger. As a high school teacher, I know I assume certain risks in these times but I have never walked into an elementary school and felt unsafe. I am always welcomed by joy, creativity, a sense of security, and the belief in the very best the world. It is unsettling that some of those things have been torn away from innocent children. My heart goes out to family and friends who have been affected by the tragedy. This teacher is a hero and should 
be a standard to which we all hold ourselves to, to selflessly give even though we may never receive. 

A good reminder for the holiday season. Happy Monday everyone, hug your love ones a little tighter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!