Monday, March 12, 2012

london: the final day.

By the time that we made it to the last day we were exhausted. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it through another museum or be able to walk another city block. But, I did my best. First up the British Museum. In short it was a world tour. I am pretty sure the British looted (errr I mean "borrowed" from their former colonies) every crevice of this world and put it in one building. It was really cool. Then again, we were really tired so we did a lot of interpretive poses to better understand the material.






ok, I seemed to be the only one creeped out by the fact
that these were DEAD bodies and people are pressing their
faces up against the glass


Ok, moving on. We saw a welcomed sight on our way to the National Portrait Gallery; Chiptole!
Judge us for eating something so American. 

it was a little smaller than we were used to. sad.
I'll spare you all the excitement from the portrait gallery. Only history majors could appreciate it for what it was.  We made a pit stop by Buckingham. again. Saw some royals. no big deal. Ok, I was in heaven.



notice the HRH on the top? It is uncovered meaning the people in the care are part
of the royal family 


We went to Laudree for macaroons. I could have died happy eating the salted caramel macaroon. It. was. so. good. Finally, we went to the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain. Fun Fact though; it is only open a few hours every day; I couldn't walk around the memorial. Also, there wasn't any visible plaques which I found strange. 







All in All. We loved our European Vacation. We have more American trips planned for this side of the world (RVing in Alaska, Hawaii!) but hopefully we will be back in Europe sometime this decade!





2 comments:

  1. i love london. looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. London was my favorite city when I was a little girl. Adding grown up taste (and great wine) made it all the better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!