1. Don't get stressed out! Your pooch will feed off of it and the behavior will only get worse
2. There is no such thing as too much exercise for your dog.
3. Try to find a new schedule that fits for you AND your dog. (example: Nims got mad and wouldn't let me eat without him barking, so now I feed him when I sit down to eat)
4. Don't get too upset with them. They are adjusting too!
5. Keep certain toys in a hall closet and if you know there are certain times of the day they get stressed (the evenings for nims) pull those toys out before the behavior starts to distract them.
Finally here are some toys that have been suggested to me by some dog professionals!
Kong Genius , treat ball (I put his food in here so it gives me more time to eat), tug a jug, Busy Buddy Bone, Elk Antler. Tuffie Toys (our favorite plush toys!)